The symposium will preferentially cover the following subjects:
– design of new railway lines, tram and metro, and restoration of existing lines,
– mechanical behaviour of platforms and superstructure of the railway, transition areas,
– diagnosis, characterization and pathology of the existing lines,
– natural hazards and evolutions of the environment,
– preventive and curative maintenance, rehabilitation, particularly in dense zone,
in terms of studies, research and examples of projects and works.
Engineers and researchers from all countries are invited to this symposium, to share their knowledge and experience in the field of railway geotechnical engineering.